Circuit Breaker Analyzer
The PME-500-TR represents a breakthrough in the concept of testing, timing and condition-based analysis of medium- and high-voltage circuit
breakers and combinations with disconnectors.
Before developing the system or equipment for the testing of a circuit break timer for distribution, the application information was obtained
by consulting various users of this type of timer for circuit breaker. The customers consulted were from private service and maintenance companies,
large industries, and of course from the Utility companies. It is essential to receive first hand information of the actual requirements and needs
of each of these customers who are making these types of tests and then make a detailed study of the various alternatives offered by different
manufactures of this type of circuit breaker timer.
All the users that were consulted have timer for circuit breaker of various brands, models, and with various complexities. There was however,
a number of requirements expressed by all of those who were consulted, independent of the equipment brand and model they are now using.
- · Easy to use
- · Contains a built in printer
- · Independent on PC
- · Reducing the time involved in making these tests and to optimize them
- · Improving the quality and accuracy of the results
- · Battery operated for the circuit breaker timer
After studying the equipment that now exists on the market and using the points given by the experts interviewed, it was immediately clear why
they were unanimous in the requirements given. All the similar units now available on the market, while being of high quality, are not designed
for the real situation in the field in testing circuit breakers. The types of timer circuit breaker on the market that have manual control are very
difficult to configure and testing a circuit breaker using them is a very slow process.
It is also evident that when testing circuit breakers with timer, as they are usually installed in an open-air environment, the testing conditions
are unfavorable. Using a laptop computer for controlling the circuit breaker tester is normally very uncomfortable as a table and a voltage supply
is required. Another requirement was the capability to store test results in the actual test equipment.
· 5 time measurement inputs.
· Programmable test sequences:
· C, O, C-O, O-C, C-O-C, O-C-O
· Pure DC injection for contact resistance measurement.
· Test sequence can also be triggered remotely.
· Built in thermal graphic printer.
· Non-volatile storage of up to 60 tests.
· Results can be downloaded to a Windows PC.
· Built-in rechargeable batteries up to 10-hour autonomy.
· LCD touch-sensitive control panel with multi-language menus and graphical results display.
· Test leads & accessories, PC software, transport bag, calibration certificate and user’s manual included.
· Weight: 8 kg.